Want to know the Accredited Nursing schools In Rivers State? nurses are undoubtedly essential in medical space not only are their jobs vocational, but its also one of the few career paths that are humanitarian offering a blend of compassionate and care.
Recent health care demands require forensic and innovative approaches to professional methods and an annex of procedural interpretation that is responsive to the ever dynamics in the health needs of society.
As Nurses are now in high demand, a lot of students are certified each day as Nurses. If you wish to start up or further a career in Nursing or Midwifery, you need to make sure that you do that in an accredited institution.
Nursing Schools in River State
It is of no use being a student of an accredited department or tertiary institution.
Some individuals are ignorant of the accreditation of their course of study. This is unwise as such individuals may become unfortunate while regretting their actions or inaction rather.
It is even devastating for a person who is in the final year before a course becomes accredited in his or her Institution, as such individuals would have to start over or pause their admission to wait for the current students in the first year before they can obtain a certificate of practice.
The other option left for such victims is to drop out and start over again; but either way, both options are none the wiser.
With the current economic state of the country, no one wants their money going into something they cannot account for; you may have to raise your brows when it comes to non-refundable fees.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Schools of Nursing in Nigeria (2022)
Accredited Nursing Schools In Rivers State
The following are the accredited Nursing Tertiary Institutions in Rivers State
- Department of Nursing Science, University of Port Harcourt – Full accreditation since June, 2019 with an admission quota of 100 students
- Department of Nursing, Madonna University, Elele – Full accreditation since March, 2020 with an admission quota of 100 students
- Department of Nursing Science, PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt – Full accreditation since August, 2020 with an admission quota of 75 students
- School of Nursing, Port Harcourt – Provisional accreditation since October 2015 with an admission quota of 50 students
- School of Post Basic Midwifery, Port-Harcourt – Provisional, October 2015 with an admission quota of 50 students
- University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) Nursing Training Institutions
• School of Post Basic Accident and Emergency Nursing, UPTH – Full accreditation since December 2018 with an admission quota of 30 students
• School of Post Basic Paediatric Nursing, UPTH – Full accreditation since December 2018 with an admission quota of 30 students
Department of Nursing Science, University of Port Harcourt
The Uniport nursing department mission of this Nursing institution is ‘to train Nursing professionals who are highly disciplined, respected, and dedicated, to the service of humanity all around the globe. Education of Nurses is promoted here through the discharge of quality and professional initiative through medical practice and research
Department of Nursing, Madonna University, Elele
Optimal Nursing education is achievable in an institution of higher learning that roots a foundation for general education in not just nursing, but a knowledge in the various sciences and Humanities.
Department of Nursing Science, PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt
Students who pass through the Department of Nursing Sciences, PAMO University of Medical Sciences, Port Harcourt, are certified to be professionals in assessment, planning, pre-and post-operational health care provision, administration and monitoring of patients medications, intravenous infusions, sample recording, pulse taking, temperature measurement, blood pressure determination, amongst other duties.
School of Nursing, Port Harcourt
Just as Nurses play pivotal roles in every nation through their offer of supportive roles to doctors and other medical professionals in the health Institution, the School of Nursing, Port Harcourt makes the duties of Nurses a success through training and Educational development of the Nurses.
School of Post Basic Midwifery, Port-Harcourt
The Nurses trained here are not just diverse in their intellect but are wide-angled hands-on health professionals focused on personalized care to patients.
University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) Nursing Training Institutions
The University of Port Harcourt Teaching Hospital (UPTH) Nursing Training Institution, offers a wide range of career opportunities in the Nursing profession and is amongst the Accredited Schools Of Nursing In Rivers State.
It is not enough to be a professional health care personnel, without certification from an accredited Tertiary institution to prove your stance.
Read Also: Top 10 Best Universities to Study Nursing In Nigeria