A lot of students have asked if Does University of Abuja Offer Nursing. This inquiry is specially made by JAMB aspirants who are science-based and may consider picking the UNIABUJA as their first choice in the UTME.
Nursing is a healthcare profession focused on the care of individuals, families, and communities to maintain or improve their health and well-being. Nurses work in a variety of settings such as hospitals, clinics, long-term care facilities, schools, and community health centers.
Does University of Abuja offer Nursing Science Programs?
Yes, the University of Abuja offers nursing programs. The university has a College of Health Sciences which includes the Department of Nursing Science. The department offers undergraduate programs leading to a Bachelor of Nursing Science (BNSc) degree. The program is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to practice as professional nurses in a variety of healthcare settings. Admission into the nursing program is competitive, and candidates must meet the university’s admission requirements and pass an entrance examination.
Subject Requirement for Nursing Science Program
Candidates must possess at least five (5) credits in English Language, Mathematics, Biology, Chemistry, and Physics in not more than two (2) sittings for WAEC, NECO, and/or NABTEB.
Medical courses offered at the University of Abuja
The University of Abuja offers a range of medical courses at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. These courses are offered through the university’s College of Health Sciences. Some of the medical courses offered at the University of Abuja include:
- Medicine and Surgery
- Nursing Science
- Medical Laboratory Science
- Public Health
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Master of Medical Laboratory Science (MMLS)
- Master of Nursing Science (MNSc)
- Master of Radiography (M.Rad)
The University of Abuja also offers postgraduate diploma programs in various medical fields, including Public Health, Medical Laboratory Science, Radiography, and Nursing Science.
It is important to note that admission requirements and availability of courses may vary from year to year. Prospective students should consult the university’s website or admission office for the most up-to-date information on available courses and admission requirements
READ ALSO: Best Private Universities Offering Nursing in Nigeria
List of Universities offering Nursing
Nursing is a popular field of study in Nigeria, and there are several universities across the country that offer nursing programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Here is a list of universities offering nursing in Nigeria:
- University of Lagos (UNILAG)
- Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU), Ile-Ife
- University of Ibadan (UI)
- Ahmadu Bello University (ABU), Zaria
- University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN)
- University of Benin (UNIBEN)
- University of Ilorin (UNILORIN)
- Lagos State University (LASU)
- Bayero University, Kano (BUK)
- University of Calabar (UNICAL)
- Delta State University, Abraka (DELSU)
- Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka (UNIZIK)
- Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo
- Madonna University, Okija
- Bowen University, Iwo
This is not an exhaustive list, as there may be other universities in Nigeria that offer nursing programs. Students should research the admission requirements and curriculum of the nursing programs offered by the universities and choose the one that best meets their career goals and interests.
READ ALSO: List of Distance Learning Universities In Nigeria Offering Nursing Programs
About the University of Abuja
The University of Abuja is a federal government-owned institution of higher learning located in the Nigerian capital city of Abuja. It was established in 1988 and officially opened its doors to students in 1990 with only one faculty: the Faculty of Arts. The university has since expanded and now offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across ten faculties, including the Faculties of Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Education.
The University of Abuja is known for its commitment to providing quality education and promoting research and innovation. It has a diverse student body, with students from various parts of Nigeria and other African countries. The university’s faculty is made up of experienced and qualified lecturers who are experts in their respective fields. The university has also established partnerships with other institutions of higher learning around the world to promote research collaborations and student exchanges.
FAQs About University of Abuja
Here are some frequently asked questions about the University of Abuja:
- Is the University of Abuja a federal or state university?
- The University of Abuja is a federal government-owned university.
- What is the motto of the University of Abuja?
- The motto of the University of Abuja is “For Unity and Scholarship”.
- How many faculties are in the University of Abuja?
- The University of Abuja has ten faculties, including the Faculties of Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Education.
- What is the academic calendar of the University of Abuja?
- The academic calendar of the University of Abuja varies from year to year, but typically runs from September to July, with breaks for holidays and examinations.
- Does the University of Abuja offer distance learning programs?
- Yes, the University of Abuja offers distance learning programs through its Centre for Distance Learning and Continuing Education.
- What is the admission process for the University of Abuja?
- Prospective students must apply to the university through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and meet the university’s admission requirements.
- Does the University of Abuja offer scholarships?
- Yes, the University of Abuja offers scholarships to academically outstanding students, as well as those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- What is the language of instruction at the University of Abuja?
- The language of instruction at the University of Abuja is English.
- Does the University of Abuja have a student union?
- Yes, the University of Abuja has a student union that represents the interests of students and organizes various activities and events on campus.
- What is the contact information for the University of Abuja?
- The University of Abuja can be contacted at: Address: Airport Rd, Giri, Abuja, Nigeria Phone: +234 9 882 1400
In conclusion, the University of Abuja is a federal government-owned institution of higher learning located in Abuja, Nigeria. It was established in 1988 and has since grown to become a leading institution of higher learning in Nigeria. The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate programs across ten faculties, including the Faculties of Medicine, Law, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, and Education. The university is committed to providing quality education and promoting research and innovation. Its faculty is made up of experienced and qualified lecturers, and the university’s facilities are modern and well-equipped. The university’s location in Abuja also provides students with access to various cultural, social, and economic activities. Overall, the University of Abuja is a respected institution that provides students with quality education and equips them with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in their chosen careers.