Infection Prevention and Control Nurse at Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF)
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, not-for-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in distress, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
RELATED: TOP COUNTRIES FOR NURSES TO WORK AND LIVE
MSF has been active in Katsina since February 2021 after carrying an exploratory mission that end up with an opening of the project under the Emergency-Cell.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Infection Prevention and Control Nurse
Contract: 208 working hours per month with flexibility required
- Currently, MSF is running 1 ITFC (Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Centre) in Katsina in the KofarSauri PHCC and 5 ATFC (Ambulatory Therapeutic Feeding Centre) including 4 in Jibia LGA (Magama, Daddara, GubiMagaria and Riko) and 1 in Katsina (KofarMarusa). There is ongoing plan to implement additional ATFC in Mashi and Mani LGA.
- Implementing and supervising an infection control program in a project or health facility, according to MSF protocols, safety and IPC measures, in order to ensure quality of care and safety of patients, caretakers and staff.
- In collaboration with each service activity manager, maintaining and supporting the day to day implementation by the ward supervisor of the standard precautions in health structures in all departments including sterilization, laundry and kitchen, and providing technical supervision, training and support to the staff on IPC related issues using existing tools such as audits, checklist, surveillance.
- Implementing and monitoring adherence to additional precautions for air, droplet and contact transmissible diseases when indicated. Based on a given patient-diagnosis, evaluating the need and supporting the implementation, if needed, for additional precautions in collaboration with the medical team and act accordingly
- Supporting in the implementation as planned, the correct ‘clean and dirty flows’ inside the health facility. Ensuring that environmental standards and administrative measures in the facility are respected (bed spacing, number of handwashing stations etc.) and together with the Hospital Facilities Manager and WHS Supervisor, that the essential requirements are available in the health structures
- Guaranteeing compliance to aseptic care techniques and to the correct use of antiseptics, disinfectants and detergents, through trainings and audits.
- Checking the consumption and the quality of IPC materials and equipment, including cleaning materials and equipment, PPE, etc.
- As member of the Infection Control Committee, participating actively in the lively and pro-active tenue of the meeting, supporting the development and following up the Infection Control Action Plan.
- Supervising the team under his/her responsibility and participating in the associated HR processes (e.g. recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, coaching, development and communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required.
- Reporting any irregularities to NAM or IPC managers or PMR and producing reports with information recommendations for the monthly medical reporting.
- Essential: Registered Nurse / Diploma
- Preferable with IPC background experience or diploma
- Essential: 4 Years’ experience in Infection, Prevention and Control
- Preferable: Previous working experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Experience in OT, Intensive Care Unit is an asset
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa and Fulfulde (fluently speaking) required.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet and social media).
According to MSF France salary grid.
Application Closing Date
5:00 pm: 11th November, 2021.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- Only successful applicants will be called for next steps.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the MSF recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring a candidate having benefitted from any such acts. All illicit demands may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer and encourages any Nigerian citizen to apply irrespective of race, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation