Nursing Schools in Bradenton, Florida, is an excellent place to study nursing. The area is home to several high-quality nursing schools that offer a range of programs to meet the needs of aspiring nurses.
Whether you’re just starting your nursing education or looking to advance your career with an advanced degree, Bradenton has options to suit your needs.
Top Nursing Schools in Bradenton
If you’re looking for the best nursing schools in Bradenton, there are several great options to consider. One of the top schools in the area is State College of Florida, which offers an Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN) degree.
Some of the Top Nursing Schools in Bradenton Includes:
- State College of Florida – Bradenton Campus: This school offers an Associate in Science in Nursing (ASN) degree program that prepares students for entry-level nursing positions. The program is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN). The nursing faculty is experienced and dedicated to helping students succeed in their coursework.
- Keiser University – Sarasota Campus: This school offers an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree program, a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program, and a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degree program. The nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). Keiser University offers a rigorous and comprehensive curriculum that prepares students for success in the nursing profession.
- Manatee Technical College: This school offers a Practical Nursing program that prepares students to become Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) and an Associate Degree Nursing (ADN) program that prepares students for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure. The faculty at Manatee Technical College is experienced and passionate about nursing education.
- Suncoast Technical College: This school offers a Practical Nursing program and an LPN to RN Transition program that allows LPNs to become RNs. Suncoast Technical College has a dedicated nursing faculty that is committed to helping students succeed in their coursework.
- University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee: This school offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree program that prepares students to become RNs. The program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). The nursing faculty at the University of South Florida Sarasota-Manatee is experienced and dedicated to helping students succeed in their coursework.
These are just a few of the top nursing schools in Bradenton. Other schools, such as the Rasmussen College – Sarasota/Bradenton Campus, also offer nursing programs that may be worth considering.
When choosing a nursing school, it’s important to consider factors such as program offerings, accreditation, reputation, and cost to find the best fit for your needs.
Accreditation and Licensing Requirements for Nursing Schools in Bradenton FL
Bradenton, Florida is located in Manatee County, which has several nursing schools. Here are some accreditation and licensing requirements for nursing schools in Bradenton, FL:
Accreditation: Accreditation is a critical factor to consider when choosing a nursing school. Accredited nursing programs meet certain quality standards and are more likely to prepare students for successful careers in nursing.
In Bradenton, nursing schools typically hold accreditation from the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Licensing: After completing a nursing program, graduates must pass the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) to become licensed as an RN in the state of Florida.
In order to be eligible to take the NCLEX-RN, the nursing program must be approved by the Florida Board of Nursing.
The Board also requires that nursing programs maintain a minimum pass rate of 80% on the NCLEX-RN for first-time test takers.
In addition to the nursing programs offered at State College of Florida and Keiser University, there are several other nursing programs available in Bradenton. Many schools offer a variety of degree options, including Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN), Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) degrees. Some schools also offer certificate programs for students who are interested in pursuing specialized nursing roles.
People Read Also: Best Nursing Schools in Petersburg, Florida
The admission requirements for nursing programs in Bradenton vary depending on the school and the program you’re interested in. Generally, you’ll need to have a minimum GPA, complete prerequisite courses in science and math, and submit standardized test scores like the ACT or SAT. Some programs may also require you to complete an interview or submit letters of recommendation.
Cost and Financial Aid
The cost of attending nursing school in Bradenton varies depending on the school and program you choose. However, most programs charge tuition and fees, as well as additional expenses like textbooks, lab fees, and clinical fees. Financial aid options are available to help offset the cost of nursing school, including scholarships, grants, and loans.
Faculty and Staff
The nursing faculty and staff at schools in Bradenton are experienced and highly qualified, with many holding advanced degrees and certifications in their field. They are committed to helping students succeed and are passionate about nursing education. Many faculty members also have extensive experience working in the nursing profession, which they bring to their teaching.
After graduating from a nursing program in Bradenton, students can expect to have a variety of career opportunities available to them. The nursing profession is in high demand, and nursing graduates are in demand in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and long-term care facilities. Some nursing graduates may also choose to pursue advanced degrees in nursing to further their careers.
If you’re interested in studying nursing in Bradenton, there are plenty of options available to you. From top-rated nursing schools to a rich campus life and a variety of career opportunities, Bradenton has everything you need to succeed in the nursing profession.
Whether you’re just starting your nursing education or looking to advance your career, Bradenton is the perfect place to make your dreams.