In this article you will read about Outreach Assistant Vacancy at Kano
Outreach Assistant Vacancy at Kano
Job Profile: The Outreach Assistant will lead the planning and execution of outreach activities with government, Civil Society/Community Based Organisations, allies, and partner organisations at the state level. S/He will work closely with Social Norm Coordinators as well as the outreach team within SPHDCA and CBO representatives for Family Planning specific outreach. She/he will ensure the quality of care is maintained, and all records are obtained and transferred to government DHIS2 platform. He/she will support the National Outreach Coordinator in providing orientation and training for outreach teams.
Job-role: The successful candidates will perform the following functions:
Work collaboratively with facility personnel for identification of outreach sites and referral of clients for continuity of care and other health services
Work closely with Social Norm Coordinator and National Outreach Coordinator in recruitment and supervision of community health volunteers/providers.
In close coordination with the Community Engagement and Outreach Officer, actively participate in planning, execution and monitoring of community engagement and outreach activities.
Ensure the involvement and active participation of Community mobilisation officers, target population and community leaders (WDCs and FHC) through a range of community-level activities.
Participate in community education and ensure client s’ referral for Long term methods or management of side effects, review service records on the number of acceptors, continuing users, and defaulters
Support dissemination of SBCC materials and messages for FP outreaches through CBOs, FHCs and other community structures groups.
Schedule weekly meetings with all outreach teams to address gaps identified, verifying records for service data, referrals, and inputting data into government-approved service tools.
In collaboration with other Protection staff, ensure that regular assessment is conducted to ascertain community view of Protection activities and how best to ensure that the condition of women, girls and children are improved at the community level.
Actively participate in planning and facilitation of feedback, learning and consultation meetings or sessions with target population and communities.
Assist the Social Norm Coordinator in establishing relationships, connections and networks with relevant stakeholders in target communities. Establish proper communication and information dissemination channels with the target population.
Ensure that identified obstacles to program implementation at the community level are communicated to the Social Norm Coordinator, State Team Leader manager on time and discussed for further action.
Support in conducting protection-related assessments in target communities such as rapid protection assessment, “Do No Harm” assessment etc.
Support documentation of best practices and lessons learnt. Compile and submit weekly progress reports to the line manager.
Carry out any other task as assigned by the line manager.
- Must be a registered Nurse/Midwife or Community Health Officer
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of Family Planning /RH services and management
- Demonstrate experience in management and supervision of outreach services
- Demonstrate experience working in a multi-cultural/religious setting.
- Must possess a minimum of 2-3 years experience in a community-based setting
- Conversant with the culture and working environment of programme allocated state
Skills and competencies:
- High level of integrity
- Excellent written and oral proficiency in Hausa.
- Excellent Advocacy skills
- In-depth Knowledge of Family Planning
- Technical knowledge of reproductive health and modern contraceptive methods.
- Excellent report writing
- Coordination and team-building skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to multitask and work with minimal supervision
- Excellent MS Office skills (including Word, Excel, Power-point etc.) and knowledge of database management