Applying for a college or university scholarship is just as crucial as applying for a degree program, so proceed with caution. Scholarships are only given to students who have excelled academically, so either plan ahead or be realistic about your prospects of receiving one. In this article you will read about Top 10 scholarship Documents every applicant should have.
Download: Free Resources For Nursing Students
One of the most important things to remember is to contact an advisor from the university to which you plan to apply (or have already applied) for more comprehensive information before applying for a scholarship, even if you are certain you will receive it.
Some of the scholarship documents required for the application procedure are the same as those required by the university when you apply for a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree.
Top 10 Scholarship Documents every applicant should have.
1.Valid Identication/International Passport: you need an international passport for application most of the universities around the world. They open require you to submit proof of Nationality and they require an international Passport. Most of the international Exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, ACT, GPA and other test, they require an international passport as the only require means of identification.
Check Also: Download Free Resources For Nurses
2. Transcript: You need to get your Transcript from Universty you graduate, every scholarship especially for the past graduate, they require you to submit your grade, they want to see how you perform in your undergraduate.
3. Statement of Purpose: you need to have statement of purpose or motivational letter they’re all the same thing, statement of purpose is a document where you will show your motivation for undertaking this perticular course, Universty and scholarship and how it align with your academic professional injuries.
4. Letter Of Recommendation: You need to relie on the professor to give letter of recommendation. So by now you should have like an idea on who to consult for the letter of recommendation and is not to early to contact them and ask if you can put down their names as your referees and make sure the person is ready to give you a recommendation in the first place.
Now you can check out with your professors by sending them a mail and telling them your interest in the scholarship, Ask them for the permission to put down their names for help.
5. Standardized Test: the standardized test score such as TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, SAT, IELTS and others. Some may be confuse wether to write a standardized test nor not to write. The best is to check the Universty you intend to apply for. I’m sure by now you have the list of universities you want to apply for or department.
Check their admission requirements and you can send them an email for clarification on wether to write this test or not.
Check Also: Download Free NCLEX Study Materials
6. Academic CV: You need to consider an academic CV that suit for international scholarship. Check this video on how to draft an academic CV
7. Writing Sample: Some Turkey universities, UK and also US. They require people to submit writing sample probably your previous paper presentation or recitation for post graduate evaluation. They’re looking at your writing skills and try to submit your best document.
8. Research Proposal: they’re some department/scholarship that require you to submit research proposal especially if you’re applying for research degree (PhD) or Research Master. They want you to send your proposal what you want research on.
9. Email Address: is advisable to have one dedicated email for scholarship Application because you don’t want to loose any important documents. Dedicate one perticular unique email scholarship and post graduate Application. Is good enough to use an email that sound Professional, something straightforward that will not give a wrong impression about you. Check this video on how to contact a professor through email.
10. Access To Internet: You need to have a computer or phone which have internet connection because most the application are online, if you’re not connect to the internet, you will no be able to apply and if you get the sending Email to check up on you to submit additional documents. So if you’re not connected you might loss some information.
Additional documents you may be requested
In addition to the letter of motivation, you may be requested to write an essay and touch upon a certain subject, usually related to the scholarship. Think about what personal achievements recommend you for receiving the scholarship. Follow the guide lines of the essay as requested and make sure you don’t exceed by too much the number of words.
A portfolio is requested to students who apply for art, design and other similar degrees and it should include artistic work and projects. In the case of an art degree, a portfolio is much more or equally relevant compared to your GPA score when it comes to showing your skills.
c) Parents’ financial information, including tax returns
d) A medical report/ heath evaluation form
Signed by an authorized medical clinic/hospital from your home country
If it is the case, please take note that all documents must be translated either in English or in the official language of the country of destination, but the exact requirements for the language of documents first!
Final tips before you send all the documents for the scholarship application
- Check your application form and all other documents for spelling and grammar errors before you send it.
- Do not exceed the word limit given for any section of the application or for any other documents you may be requested to write.
- Only submit the requested documentation and nothing more.
- It is recommended to make a complete copy of the application before you send it.
- Keep in mind the exact date you have to send all the requested documents and be careful not to miss the deadline.
These are 10 Scholarship Documents every applicant should have to win a scholarship.
Thank you for reading so far, I hope this article you take the first step on the right path, please don’t forget to join us on TELEGRAM to get most of what I have to offer. Also don’t forget to share the article to your friends. I’m looking forward to reading your comments below