Step By Step Process Of Becoming A USRN.
A quick one. This is a step by step, otherwise regarded as a ‘Do it Yourself’, process of becoming a USRN.
First thing to know is there are two routes to becoming a US Registered Nurse. The first of which is what some of us are familiar with – CGFNS (Commission on Graduates of Foreign Nursing Schools) which usually takes nothing less than a year or more depending on how fast you are with the processing.
1. To begin with CGFNS, go to their website and create an account at www.cgfns.org. Ensure you already know the board of nursing that would receive your evaluated credentials. Most Nurses choose Texas and New Mexico for some reasons known to them. Evaluation with CGFNS costs $360.
2. Fill all the required fields and ensure you put a valid email when registering. This is the medium through which candidates communicate with the CGFNS services.
3. Evaluate your credentials with CGFNS by arranging your transcript with your school which would be sent by the school to the board. The amount payable for this is dependent on your school.
4. Verify your license with NMCN. Verification with NMCN costs N53,500. This is exclusive of facilitation fees.
5. After your documents have been verified by CGFNS, they’ll send a report to the State Board of Nursing you registered with.
6. If this is successfully done, be ready to book your NCLEX-RN at wwww.pearsonvue.com/NCLEX after you might have gotten your ATT (Authorization to Test).
That’s the summary of the first route.
THE SECOND ROUTE
This is the fastest and easiest way to become a USRN. This process follows that you start an application with New York State Board of Nursing.
The steps are as follow:
1. Create an account with New York State Education Department (NYSED) at http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nursingrn.htm#mfive.
Open that link and scrow down to where you see a heading that reads: “Instructions for Applying for Licensure as a RN”. You’ll see 5 different RN pathways. But choose the “RN pathway #5”.
Click on it and a new page will load. On this page, you’ll see some steps. Let’s follow those steps one after the other as it concerns the process.
STEP 1: COMPLETE NEW YORK STATE’S REQUIRED COURSEWORK
You don’t need to complete any of these coursework as you can always file an exemption for it during the course of your application to the board.
STEP 2: SUBMIT Online Form 1 – Application for Licensure – RN.
Click on the link https://eservices.nysed.go6v/professions/before/022 and start your online application form. This costs $143. Pay using your Mastercard.
After filling your online application form, the next step is verification which leads us to step 3.
STEP 3: HAVE YOUR FOREIGN NURSING CREDENTIALS VERIFIED.
You must arrange to have your credentials verified by your foreign nursing school using a Certification of Professional Education (Form 2F). You can download this form using this link http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nurse2f.pdf.
The school will certify your education on Form 2 and send it along with your official transcript and any other required documentation to the NYSED. If your transcript is in a language other than English, you must arrange to have it translated by a translation services acceptable to NYSED.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING…
International English Language Testing System (IELTS): The Dos
Step-by-Step Guide to New Zealand to Australia Nurse Registration
Step to step guide on migrating to Ireland as a Registered Nurse
Step-by-Step guide of how to immigrate to Canada as a Nurse.
Step By Step Process To Online Nmc UK Verification
If you were licensed as a nurse in your country, you must also arrange for the NYSED to receive verification of your nursing license from the licensing authority that issued it using a Verification of Foreign Professional Licensure/Certification (Form 3F). Verification with NMCN costs N53,500. Follow this link to download the verification form http://www.op.nysed.gov/prof/nurse/nurse3f.pdf.
After that, await the response from NYSED, Office of the Professions, Nursing Unit.
While waiting for their response, start your NCLEX preparation.
Can a Nigeria-trained RN start working on arrival to US or even get a job from Nigeria?
yes! you can get job before arrival to USA.
Is there any advantage of cgfns CES over New York state Education department.
What is the phone number to call you for more detail
Please, how can one contact you for proper and direct guidance?
chart me on whatsapp via this number 07011204007
chart me on whatsapp