9jaNurses Logo

The New UK Health and Care visa Latest Updates For Nurses

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

The new visa policy aims to make it cheaper, quicker and easier for healthcare professionals to come go to UK, beginning from August. The new UK health and care visa, announced in open for applications from 4 August 2020. The Home Office published details of the new visa on the official UK government website recently, outlining who is eligible to apply and the costs involved.
READ THIS: Bayelsa Govt Pledges To Upgrade Health Facilities, Others


Health care professionals and their families who are applying visas would be exempted from IHS (Immigration Health Surcharge) payment with effect from 4th Aug 20. It was announced earlier about the introduction of a new visa category called the health and care visa from the 1st of January 2021 for which the applicants can start their process as early as the 1st of October 2020. This decision has been revised again to allow the applicants to start their application from the 4th of August 2020.

Employment Sponsorship:

  • You need to be employed by a licensed sponsor to apply to live in the UK.
  • Your sponsor checks that you can do the job they’re hiring you for and if it qualifies you for a visa.
  • They’ll assign you a certificate of sponsorship to prove this.
  • They must also give you other information you need when you apply, for example how much you’ll be paid.

Who is eligible?

You must be a qualified:
• Doctor
• Nurse
• Health professional
• Adult social care professional

How long it will take

  • The earliest you can apply for a visa is 3 months before you’re due to start work in the UK.
  • The date you can start work is listed on your certificate of sponsorship.
  • You should get a decision on your visa 3 weeks from the date you provide your

Health and care visa costs

  • A visa for up to 3 years costs £232.
  • A visa for more than 3 years costs £464.
  • The fee is the same whether you apply from inside or outside the UK.
  • Your dependants will also pay the same amount.

With a Job offer from the NHS (National Health Service of UK), or an organization providing medical services and adult social care services – with a valid certificate of sponsorship – you’ll need to apply for a job first
Applicant will still have to meet all the usual Tier 2 (General criteria), including the English Language testing requirement for fast tracking, reduced visa fees and dedicated support to come to UK with families.
Have Knowledge of English – you need to pass an approved English test with at least B1 level (e.g., IELTS) or have an academic qualification taught in English and recognized by UK NARIC or be exempted since you are from an English Language Speaking Country (e.g., Australia, Canada, USA)
Have personal savings so you can support yourself when you arrive in the UK
Show you can travel and your travel history over the last 5 years
Have tuberculosis test results if you’re from a listed country
Provide a criminal record certificate from any country you’ve lived in for 12 months or more in the last 10 years, if you’ll be working with vulnerable people

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on whatsapp

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


error: Content is protected !!
9jaNurses Logo

Connect With Us:

Hello, Buddy!

We have received  your contact message and information. We’ll be in touch soon.

Kindly be on the look out for our email.