Application are ongoing for the Akwa Ibom State Government 2023 Undergraduate Scholarship for Nigerian Students
His Excellency, the Education friendly Governor of Akwa Ibom State, Mr. Udom Emmanuel, has approved the Award of Scholarships to 500 (Five Hundred) indigent (very poor) but intelligent students of Akwa Ibom State origin, studying in any Federal or State Universities in Nigeria with effect from the 2021/2022 academic session valued at N200,000.00 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira) only for each student, per session.
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy Percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses as follows:
Science And Technology Courses Include:
- Aviation Studies
- Marine Studies
- Medicine and Surgery
- Engineering Studies
- Agricultural Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Artificial Intelligence
- Oil and Gas related courses
- Robotic Science, etc.
Other Fields of Studies:
- Arts / Humanities / Management Sciences
- Education, etc.
About Akwa Ibom State Government
Akwa Ibom State Government is the government of Akwa Ibom, concerned with the administration of the state ministries. The government consists of Executive, Legislative and Judiciary. The government is headed by Udom Gabriel Emmanuel who is the policy-maker and often assisted by the commissioners and other civil servants of the state.The Office of the Governor was created along with the creation of the State in 1987. And is currently headed by Mr. Udom Gabriel Emmanuel who is the 10th Governor of the State. This Office is responsible for the effective coo… read more
Aim and Benefits of AISG Undergraduate Scholarship
The Scholarships shall be 70% (Seventy Percent) for undergraduates studying Science and Technology and Thirty percent (30%) for other courses
Requirements for AISG Undergraduate Scholarship Qualification
- All applicants (Physically Challenged inclusive) must be registered, full-time indigent (very poor) but intelligent students in Federal or State Universities;
- Applicants must be at least in their 2nd year of study;
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points Average (CGPA) on a 5.00 scale;
- All applicants must produce testimonials from their institutions;
- All applicants must present certificate of origin from their respective Local Government Council in Akwa Ibom State;
- All applicants must NOT be more than Twenty-five (25) years of age at the time of application;
- All applicants will be expected to state the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of their Parents, after fulfilling the academic requirement;
- All beneficiaries will be expected to submit academic results at the end of every session to determine their continued eligibility for the scholarship based on their CGPA, which will be verified by the Ministry of Education / State Scholarships Board;
- Any beneficiary who falls below the required CGPA of 3.50 will be withdrawn from the Scholarships Scheme;
- Change of course or institution will NOT be allowed while enjoying the scholarships.
Documents Required for Application
- Admission Letter
- Testimonial from the applicant’s Head of Department
- Current Semester’s Result / Statement of Result stating the CGPA
- Birth Certificate / Age Declaration
- Certificate of Origin from applicant’s Local Government Council
- Letter stating the financial status / occupation / means of livelihood of the Parents of the applicant
- Student’s Identity Card
How to Apply
Suitably qualified undergraduates are invited to log on to moe.akwaibomstate.gov.ng and fill out the application form.
NOTE: Entry closes one month after the date of this publication.
For more details,visit AISG website
Visit HERE to check out many more opportunities
Read Also: Scholarship for Nigerian Students
If you think this post can be helpful to somebody else, please share it using the buttons below! Join our telegram group for more Articles like this one